PLEASE HELP. Swapped ETH for LINK but funds did not go to Binance wallet

Did it happen with the auction nr5019 wher you can swap 1 ETH for 80 link?

Hello, trying to help but I’m not part of the team.

@Pierre: Can you please explain if you used any auction to swap tokens (if yes, provide url). Another possibility is that you received fake LINK tokens. Can you please provide your wallet address or the LINK contract address?

@Tibak @PrintGUy: Same goes for you two.

@cooltrader: First impression is that this is scam. There’s no way that you can buy 80 LINK worth $2,400 for 1 ETH ($1,700)

Please be aware of things like that. Do your own research, don’t trust anyone blindly. :mag:

2 Likes

Thanks for making contact - I have been scammed, they are fake LINK tokens with no value
I am stupid for falling for this but as a newbie I am open to this sort of crap.
I know I should have checked more carefully but it is incredible that Bounce don’t have better due diligence.
There would seem to be quite a few who have fallen for this.
I got so cross that I have deleted most things - here’s the Etherscan page
https://etherscan.io/tx/0xe9ca6323ea6366123fd054a7f0bbd38405948f84254bc29447438318f17e166b
Guy

same thing. Not sure if anything we can do at this point.

The problem is we trust in bounce.finance
Thats why we buy without researche about any token
mr mick

1 Like

Hi Mick, thanks for getting in touch mate.

Please see below the contract address of the running scam:

https://etherscan.io/address/0xfc6a9938da02910439e38e7abeacda4c588aad43

I suppose that even if we get the tokens back, they have no value so…

Learning the hard way! Never mind, I’ll make it back by smart investment next time!

1 Like

Yes, I’m sorry you lost your cryptocurrency @PrintGUy & @bobm.

I believe that there’s no way to get a refund since Bounce does only offer the platform. But yes, they should enhance the platform by adding warning banners for potential scam and possibly a guide that allows the user to make sure that it’s legit.

1 Like

@Pierre Sure thing mate. You can report the address on Etherscan but this would also require a codebase update from the devs in terms of implementing a feature that marks the auction as a potential scam. I will create a topic regarding this matter and get in touch with the devs, if possible.

1 Like

@Pierre Guide for scam validation and what you can do

1 Like

Thanks Mick. I would have thought that the developers and sponsors of Bounce.Finance would have wanted to keep some control of what goes on in their channel. This scam appears to have been going on for some time and is still ongoing
I guess one has to get hurt to learn but I doubt that I will swap anything across this platform again and I am suspicious of anything connected to their backers

2 Likes

Yes sure, makes total sense @Oyibo. Like I wouldn’t do it otherwise. Unfortunately, we don’t hear about the Bounce team here, nor am I getting any reply from them on Twitter.

1 Like

I got scammed the same way
Here’s a link to the scammer swap
https://app.bounce.finance/fixed-swap/5019

And this is where it came from on telegram

They got me too two weeks ago. I just screwed up and didnt check the contract address for the tokens. I do have a question tho that maybe you can answer. Why is it that most of the swaps i check all have a different contract address for the token? Chainlink, Mina, Covalent, Clover etc. Is everything on Bounce a scam? It sure looks that way to me.

Got scammed yesterday 08/10, I got my LINKS (100 LINKS) into my Metamask Wallet, but It could not be transferred to Binance account.

How Can Bounce help with this ? I have Ether scan Proof of the 2 transactions.

Thanks for any help

please return all my 3 ethereum you exchanged it with fake chain link tokens. here’s my transaction:

1. June 11, 2021
    0xec06c74cc775ce81f4adeb5dc9453a28573eb162db3254eeb033943e4124df3d

2. June 11, 2021

0x22557e045405acd4f2eead483142367c514c0469358bd0450485704baf8abd40

1. June 13, 2021

0xc3fad0db7b631c7f0fccf3d4b3f2c89ebbcc13b4fd530677b3f8c694760d22b0

please return it back to my ethereum address:

0x2Ce37C26Af20399982655e62e92Bdd952deCd0D9

Yes, Please help… I auctioned 1.2 ETH and received 165.5 LINK, or what I thought was LINK, and sent from MetaMask to crypto.com. They spent 2 days reviewing and I just got word that this is an unsupported version of LINK and to reach out to the Exchange - which is here. Can you please assist?

b1tn1c
Nicolaus Galanffy

I got scammed here as well by 1 ETH… Not my first year in crypto, but this scam scheme is quite clever. I was convinced Bounce is a legit platform, but after reading reviews I’m sure Bounce is involved in this scam as well - the information about the founders/team is factually non existent.

Same happeed to me I swapped ! ETH and got scammed… Luckily it was 1 ETH i was about to swap 20 ETH… I dont understand why Bounce finance doesnt do anything about this scammers, thet let them run free on their platform…

That s the risk of DEFI

Bro do not bother they are crooks… I am on Bounce just to warn people!!!

I canceled my LINK transaction and reset the MetaMask Account.
Now I have 190 LINK back but I don’t know what to do next? Any ideas how I can redeem the LINK for some ETH back?